Organisations and business names
What is the Organisations & Business Names search?
The Organisation & Business Names search provides information on organisations and business names recorded on ASIC's registers.
Some of the organisation types that can be searched include:
- business names
- registered bodies
- foreign companies
- managed investment schemes, and
- non-registered entities.
|If a company, registered body or foreign company is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC), some of its reporting obligations to ASIC will no longer apply. See here for details.|
What information will I see for free?
The information you receive will depend on the organisation you are searching for. Some examples of information we provide for free include:
- organisation name
- unique identification number (ABN, ACN, ARBN, ARSN).Company and business name search summaries now link directly to the Australian Business Number (ABN) Lookup service when an ABN is displayed in the summary.
- type of company
- registration date
- next review date
- locality of registered office, and
- whether the organisation holds a professional licence or registration (for example an AFS or credit licence).
What information can I purchase?
You can purchase a:
- current and/or historical extract
- satisfied company charges extract
- roles and relationship extract, and
- copy of a certificate showing details of registration of corporation(s).
Information brokers also provide additional services for obtaining information on our public registers and may include information from sources other than ASIC.