Before 2015 legislative instruments were referred to as class orders
|What are instruments?||What are legislative instruments?
Getting copies of legislative instruments:2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | More info
Superseded legislative instruments
Sunsetting class orders
We issue an instrument to:
- exempt a person(s) from certain provisions of the Corporations Act 2001 or other Acts administered by us
- modify or clarify the operation of certain provisions
- make declarations about a person(s) who is subject to a particular provision.
Class orders are also instruments. From 2015 class orders are referred to as legislative instruments. (More about legislative instruments and class orders)
Instruments are numbered in order of their issue each year. For example, 02/736 was the 736th instrument published in 2002.
- Instruments issued after 1 July 2001 — see the online ASIC Gazette.
- Instruments issued before 1 July 2001 — you can view paper versions of the ASIC Gazette in libraries participating in the Library Deposit Scheme, ie National Library of Australia, State Libraries and publicly funded universities.
Only instruments that are publicly available are published in the ASIC Gazette.
Legislative instruments are instruments that have a wider application.
Before 2015 legislative instruments were referred to as class orders.
Legislative instruments usually apply to a class of persons who carry out a particular activity in certain circumstances, eg timeshare scheme operators, corporations conducting market research, operators of managed investment schemes based on syndicate arrangements etc.
Before 2015, when we refered to class orders, to help differentiate them from other instruments, we used the prefix 'CO' before their number. For example, instrument 03/67 is a class order, and is referred to as [CO 03/67].
From 2015 legislative instruments are cited using their full title, for example, ASIC Corporations (Advertising by Product Issuers) Instrument 2015/ XX.
2015 legislative instruments
2014 class orders
2013 class orders
2012 class orders
2011 class orders
2010 class orders
2009 class orders
2008 class orders
2007 class orders
2006 class orders
2005 class orders
2004 class orders
2003 class orders
2002 class orders
2001 class orders
2000 class orders (selected class orders only)
1999 class orders (selected class orders only)
1998 class orders (selected class orders only)
For all class orders issued before 2001:
- copies of class orders are available for download from www.comlaw.gov.au
- try our road map (a topic index of our regulatory documents and class orders) or the pre-2001 class orders page (where selected pre-2001 class orders can be downloaded)
- for one-off copies, contact ASIC's infoline on 1300 300 630 or make an enquiry at www.asic.gov.au/question, or
- see the ASIC Gazette on this website or in libraries participating in the Library Deposit Scheme.
You can get a fully consolidated collection of current and superseded legislative instruments and class orders by subscribing to the ASIC Digest. Legislative instruments and class orders are also published in our specialist publications for industry professionals. You can also subscribe to our Policy Alert service, which notifies you of new or changed policy documents (including class orders).
For more information visit the website of our publisher Thomson Reuters.