Qualifications, training and professional memberships
You need to provide a financial adviser’s qualifications, training courses and professional memberships to ASIC. You can use your ASIC Connect account.
Need more help? See our user guide for step by step instructions on how to update your details.
Information you will need to provide
Qualifications and training courses
You need to provide information on the qualifications and training courses that a financial adviser has completed relevant to providing financial services. Up to five (5) qualifications and training courses can be included; if you have more than five, you need to determine which are the most relevant.
We require the:
- name of the qualification or course (100 characters)
- provider / institution (100 characters) and
- year the qualification or course was attained (4 characters – YYYY)
This information will be displayed on the public register
Memberships of professional bodies
You also need to provide information on the financial adviser’s membership of any professional bodies relevant to providing financial services. Up to five (5) professional bodies can be selected from the available options (see below). You can also select 'Other' (free text box) and enter the name of the professional body if they are not listed.
Professional bodies listed:
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA)
- Association of Independently Owned Financial Professionals (AIOFP)
- Association of Superannuation Funds Australia (ASFA)
- Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF)
- Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA)
- CPA Australia (CPA)
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
- Independent Financial Advisers Association of Australia (IFAAA)
- Institute of Managed Account Providers (IMAP)
- Institute of Public Accountants (IPA)
- National Insurance Brokers Association (NIBA)
- SMSF Association
- Stockbrokers Association of Australia
You need to make sure that all your financial adviser qualifications, training, and professional memberships are correct and that you keep them updated as they change.