A registered agent acts as an intermediary between an Australian company and ASIC to help the company meet their lodgement obligations more efficiently. They are usually members of specific Industry Associations that recognise the qualifications of these individuals and firms.
Registered agents can use our online services to manage any of their client's companies online.
You will need to register for online access and create an account before you can use our online services. You can manage multiple companies in the same account.
Registered agents that deal with a broad range of customers and companies may want to consider using EDGE dedicated software to manage large lodgement volumes.
- Applying to be a registered agent
- Steps to register for online access
- Steps to log in
- What documents can I lodge online?
- Request to lodge documents via email
- Making changes without being appointed to a company as their registered agent
- Annual statements
- Update your registered agent details
- Cancel your registration
- ASIC-initiated cancellation of an agents' registration
- Requirements for storing signed documents lodged online
- Support for registered agents
You can apply to become a registered agent by lodging a Notification to register change details of or cease as an agent (Form RA01). Once we have processed your application, we will send you your registered agent number. We will send this to you by email. This number allows you to:
- register for our online services
- link any companies you represent to your agent number and
- lodge changes on behalf of these companies.
When registering for online access, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Agree to the Electronic Lodgement Protocol and select the type of account you want to create
Before creating an account, you'll need to agree to ASIC's Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
You then select ASIC registered agent.
2. Enter your unique ASIC number
You'll need to provide your unique ASIC number. This is your ASIC registered agent number.
Once all details have been entered, select 'Next'.
3. Select a username and password for your account
Select a username and password that will be used to log in to your account. We recommend selecting something easy to remember for your username.
Your password must :
- be a minimum of eight characters and a maximum of sixteen characters
- contain one lowercase letter (a-z), one uppercase letter (A-Z), and one number (0-9).
4. Select a security question and answer
You will also need to provide a security question and answer. If you forget your username or password, we can reset your details if you successfully answer your security question. Your security answer is case sensitive so make sure you select something that you can easily remember.
If you forget your username or password and can't answer your security question, you will need to create another online account.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
5. Verify your new username and password
A pop-up box will appear and ask you to verify your details. Enter your newly created username and password and select 'OK'.
6. Provide your contact details
You will then be asked to provide a contact email address and telephone number. Once you've registered for online access, ASIC will send all correspondence (like your annual statement) to your online inbox.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
7. Complete declaration and submit application
Answer the declaration and select 'Submit' to complete your application.
You'll then see a screen confirming your request has been submitted.
To activate your account, you will need to print and sign the Participation Agreement and email it to email@example.com. You can also send the Participation Agreement by fax. ASIC will contact you within two business days to confirm that your account has been activated.
8. Linking a company to your account (optional)
To link a company to your agent number you will need to lodge a Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address (Form 362). This means that we will recognise you as the agent representing that company.
When logging in to our online services, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Enter your registered agent number
You will need to enter your ASIC registered agent number before you can access your account.
2. Enter your account's username and password
A pop-up box will be displayed. Enter your username and password, using the same details you provided when registering your account.
If you have forgotten your username or password, you can select 'Forgotten username' or 'Forgotten password' in the left hand column and reset your details.
Select 'OK' once you've entered your details.
3. View your account details
Once logged in, you will see your 'Inbox' and any available messages regarding the companies that are linked to your account. You can also start a new form, continue a saved form or view previously submitted forms (submitted forms are only available for 90 days).
Registered agents must lodge the following transactions online:
- Change to company details (Form 484)
- Application for voluntary deregistration of a company (Form 6010)
- Notification of resolution to change company name (Form 205A) and
- Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address (Form 362).
We also accept the following documents online:
- Application for reservation of a name (Form 410)
- Registered agent ceasing to act for a company or companies (agent only) (Form 361)
- Notification by officeholder of resignation or retirement (agent only) (Form 370)
- Copy of financial statements and reports (Form 388)
- Statement in relation to company solvency (Form 485)
- Request for correction (Form 492)
- Notification of supplementary information (Form 902)
- PDS in–use notice (Form FS88)
- Notice of change to fees and charges in a PDS (Form FS89)
- Notice that a product in a PDS has ceased to be available (Form FS90) and
- Application for registration of a managed investment scheme (Form 5100A).
You can also view company information from your account, including a company's annual statement date, addresses and current officeholder details.
Need more help? See Support for registered agents.
You may currently experience a data or online lodgement issue for a small number of transactions (sub-forms). For these transactions you will need to submit a Request to Lodge Documents via email.
For ASIC to accept your document(s) you must:
- be an ASIC registered agent
- be registered to use ASIC's Agent portal or EDGE software
- be attempting to lodge one (or more) of the following forms online:
- Change to company details (Form 484) - Company's Corporate Key must be included on form
- Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address (Form 362) - Company's Corporate Key must be included on form
- Application for voluntary deregistration of a company (Form 6010) or
- Notification of resolution to change company name (Form 205A).
To submit an email request
- Print a copy of the document you are attempting to lodge, complete the email lodgement request, and email with a copy of the document(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are attempting to lodge a Change to company details and cannot provide a printed copy of the form you are attempting to lodge, then complete the email lodgement request. You will need to include details of why you cannot complete the online lodgement, and attach copies of any error screens or messages and email to email@example.com.
Where appropriate ASIC will then forward you a Change to company details to enable you to complete the transaction. You will need to return the completed Change to company details together with the email lodgement request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to ensure that:
- the declaration and your agent number within the email lodgement request has been completed and
- the company's corporate key is recorded on the Change to company details (Form 484) and Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address (Form 362).
For more information email email@example.com.
Registered agents can lodge changes online using a company's corporate key, without being appointed to the company as their registered agent.
Changes that can be made using the corporate key are:
- Change to company details (484) and
- Application for voluntary deregistration of a company (6010).
To do so:
- Log in to your account, select start new form and enter the company's ACN (as per current process)
- Confirm the company's ACN
- Enter the company's corporate key
- Complete and submit lodgement
Note that once you've registered for online access, we'll send all correspondence, including company annual statements, to your online inbox.
If you have not received a company's annual statement within 5 days after the review date, you should contact us.
You must lodge a Notification to register change details of or cease as an agent (Form RA01) if any of your registered agent details change.
You can update your email address online if you are registered for online lodgement. This ensures you receive our notifications when we send documents to your Inbox.
Find out how to cancel your ASIC agent registration.
We reserve the right to review your conduct at any stage during your registration.
Find out more about when we may cancel an agent's registration.
This page explains ASIC's requirements for storing signed documents lodged electronically.
If you're having issues trying to sign up, log in, or submit forms using our online services, visit our support page. Here you'll find step-by-step user guides.