You can register a company online using the Australian Government Business Registration Service (BRS). The BRS combines several business and tax registrations in one place, making it even easier to start a business.
Updating your company details
If you need to update your company's details (e.g. your officeholder details), you can use ASIC's online services. You'll need to have your company's ABN/ACN, as well as your username and password to log in to your account.
To create an account, you'll need to register for online access using your corporate key. You can find your corporate key in the top right corner of your most recent annual statement. You can also request another copy online.
- Steps to register for online access
- Steps to log in
- What documents can I lodge online?
- Annual statements
- Support for company officeholders
When registering for online access, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Agree to the Electronic Lodgement Protocol and select the type of account you want to create
Before creating an account, you'll need to agree to ASIC's Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
You then select company officeholder.
You must create a new account for each role you hold. For example, if you are a company officeholder and an auditor, you need to create two accounts.
2. Enter your unique ASIC number
Once all details have been entered, select 'Next'.
3. Select a username and password for your account
Select a username and password that'll be used to log in to your account. We recommend selecting something easy to remember for your username.
Your password must :
- be at least eight characters and at most sixteen characters and
- contain one lowercase letter (a-z), one uppercase letter (A-Z), and one number (0-9).
4. Select a security question and answer
You'll also need to provide a security question and answer. If you forget your username or password, we'll ask your security question. Make sure you select something that you can remember.
If you can't answer your security question, you'll have to create another online account.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
5. Verify your new username and password
A pop-up box will appear and ask you to verify your details. Enter your newly created username and password and select 'OK'.
6. Provide your contact details
You'll then be asked to provide a contact email address and phone number. ASIC will send correspondence (including your company annual statement) to your online inbox.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
7. Complete declaration and submit application
Answer the declaration and select 'Submit' to complete your application.
You'll then see a screen confirming your request has been submitted. When you select 'Next', your account will be activated.
When logging in to our online services, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Enter your company's ACN or ABN
You'll need to enter your company's ACN or ABN before you can access your account.
2. Enter your account's username and password
A pop-up box will be displayed. Enter your username and password, using the same details you provided when registering your account.
If you forget your details, select 'Forgotten username' or 'Forgotten password' in the left hand column.
Select 'OK' once you've entered your details.
3. View your account details
Once logged in, you'll see your 'Inbox' and any available messages for your company.
You can also start a new form, continue a saved form, or view other forms you submitted (submitted forms are only available for 90 days).
Company officeholders can update most of their details, including their addresses, online.
They can also lodge the following documents:
- Form 205A Notification of resolution - change of company name
- Form 410 Application for reservation of a name
- Change to company details
- Form 362 Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address
- Form 388 Copy of financial statements and reports
- Form 485 Statement in relation to company solvency
- Form 492 Request for correction
- Form 902 Notification of supplementary information
- Form 6010 Application for voluntary deregistration of a company
- FS88 PDS in–use notice
- FS89 Notice of change to fees and charges in a PDS
- FS90 Notice that a product in a PDS has ceased to be available
You can also view company information from your account. This includes your annual statement date, company addresses, and current officeholder details.
If you have appointed someone to manage your company, we'll send your annual statement to them.
If not, and you have an online account with us, we'll email you when your annual statement is available.
If you haven't received a company's annual statement within 5 days after the review date, you should contact us.
If you're having issues trying to use our online services, visit our support page. Here you'll find step-by-step user guides for different transactions.