New online service for SMSF auditors
Applications to be registered as an approved SMSF auditor are now submitted via the ASIC Regulatory Portal. If you're an existing SMSF auditor – you will maintain your registration details and submit your annual statements from within this portal too.
The ASIC Regulatory Portal is where our regulated community can access ASIC's increasing suite of digital services and replaced the previous online channel for approved SMSF auditors - ASIC Connect – on 4 March 2019
The new portal features:
- more transactions available online.
- more pre-filled application and transaction data using information you have previously supplied.
- improved tracking of your applications and transactions.
- ability to attach supporting documents with your online application.
Existing SMSF Auditors will be required to register for an ASIC Regulatory Portal user account as a first step.
- I'm an existing SMSF auditor – what do I need to do?
- How do I apply to become an approved SMSF auditor?
- My annual statement is due soon – where do I lodge it?
- What is the ASIC Regulatory Portal?
- Where do I go if I need help using the portal?
- Communication to SMSF Auditors
1. To get started, register for an ASIC Regulatory Portal user account, then connect your SMSF auditor registration to your account using your SMSF auditor number, and your ASIC Key. You can register anytime.
The ASIC Regulatory Portal is now open for user account registrations - and you can register anytime. To register, go to the ASIC Regulatory Portal homepage and select the blue 'Register' button. For more information, see our user guide.
Already registered a ASIC Regulatory Portal user account?
You may have already registered a portal user account to meet your industry funding obligations. If you have already registered, you will need to ensure you connect your portal user account to your SMSF auditor registration. This only takes a few steps. See our user guide for more information.
What is an ASIC key?
The ASIC key helps us establish your identify and is the same unique code used for your ASIC Connect account. It can be found on the registration approval letter that accompanied your certificate of registration and on annual statement due reminder notifications that you've received from us. Find out what to do here if you cannot locate your ASIC Key.
2. Effective 4 March 2019, you will maintain your SMSF auditor registration via the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
Transactions you'll be able to complete in the portal include:
- Lodging your annual statement
- Applying to vary conditions
- Updating address details
- Updating personal details
- Updating capacity, and
- Applying to cancel your registration.
All applications to become an approved SMSF auditor are to be submitted in the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
You will need to use the ASIC Regulatory Portal to lodge your annual statement.
The ASIC Regulatory Portal will become your central access to ASIC's growing suite of digital regulatory services.
- Allows you to act on behalf of multiple entities (individuals or organisations) – for example, you may be a company officeholder (director or secretary of a company) in which case you can register and claim that entity. You can then invite others to act on your behalf or you may be invited by an entity or an officeholder to act on their behalf.
- Uses information you have previously supplied to pre-fill applications and transactions.
- Tracks the status of your applications and transactions.
- Ensures greater security through use of your own individual portal user account and password.
- Enables you to define user access levels that control what others can do on behalf of an entity or individual – for example, you can authorise another user to launch and edit a transaction, but only you can submit.
- Maintain your Registered Company Auditor or Authorised Audit Company registration via the ASIC Regulatory Portal.
- Ability to correspond with ASIC about submitted applications or transactions.
To find out more about the portal visit our portal information page.
The ASIC Regulatory Portal help page has resources to help you get up to speed with using the portal. These include step-by-step user guides, FAQs and videos to help you – from registering your account to connecting your registration and inviting trusted representatives to act on your behalf.
ASIC will communicate directly with SMSF Auditors to inform them of any changes to how they manage their registration online.
The service we use for this communication is Campaign Monitor.
You can unsubscribe from this mailing service at any time by simply clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email you receive.
We are always looking to improve our information for SMSF auditors so we would like to know what's important to you. Please leave us some feedback.