You must be registered with ASIC as a liquidator to be appointed to any type of insolvent external administration.
A registered liquidator is a person who is registered as a liquidator by ASIC under the Corporations Act 2001. They are allocated a Registered Liquidator Number and their name and number appear on ASIC's Register of Registered Liquidators.
Registered liquidators act in a fiduciary capacity, and often have total management control of the affairs, money and other property of a body corporate.
- RG 186 External administration: Liquidator registration
- Using the registered liquidators portal
- List of registered liquidators
- Search our professional registers
- External administration - most commonly lodged forms
More in this section
- ASIC's approach to registering liquidators: What we need from you in your application
- Applying for and managing your liquidator registration: How to apply to become a registered liquidator (or other type of liquidator)
- Your ongoing obligations as a registered liquidator: What you must do as a registered liquidator
- Changing or cancelling your liquidator registration: How to change your registration details or cancel your registration