Financial advisers and authorised representatives
You can appoint financial advisers and authorised representatives using ASIC Connect. You will need to sign up with a username (email address) and password before you can log in.
You can use the same account for different things. For example, your business name and financial adviser can be on the same account.
For more information about financial advisers and authorised representatives, see Financial advisers register.
- Steps to register for an ASIC Connect account
- Steps to log in
- What details can I update online?
- Support for financial advisers and authorised representatives
When registering for an ASIC Connect account, you'll need to:
1. Go to ASIC Connect
From the right hand side of the ASIC homepage, select the blue ASIC Connect box.
You'll be taken to ASIC Connect. Select Sign up in the blue ASIC Connect box.
2. Read the information provided in the Getting started with ASIC Connect section
This includes information on the services available in ASIC Connect. Select Sign up.
3. Enter your details.
You need to include your contact details, as well as a username and password.
Your password must:
- be at least eight characters
- contain one lowercase letter (a-z), one uppercase letter (A-Z), and one number (0-9) and
- not share three consecutive letters with your first name, last name, or username. For instance, if your name is 'Smith' you cannot use 'Smi' in your password.
3. Agree to the terms and conditions set out in the Electronic Lodgement Protocol
Before your account can be finalised, you'll need to agree to ASIC's Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
4. Select Create account to continue
Your account has now been created.
Within 15 minutes, we will send you an activation email. Select the Activate ASIC Connect account link. If this does not work, copy and paste the link into a web browser.
To log into ASIC Connect:
1. Visit the ASIC Connect log in page
Go to ASIC Connect.
2. Enter your username and password
Enter the email address and password you used when signing up.
3. View your account details
Once logged in, you will see your home page with a list of recently submitted transactions. You can also start a new transaction or resume a previously saved transaction.
You can appoint financial advisers and authorised representatives online using ASIC Connect. You can also update all your details online including authorisations, qualifications and addresses.
If you're having issues trying to use ASIC Connect, visit our support page. Here you'll find step-by-step user guides for different transactions.