Registered agents use our online services to manage their client's companies online. Agents need to register for online access before they can use our online services.
For more information on how to become a registered agent, visit What requirements do I need to meet to be a registered agent?
Registered agents that manage companies may want to use EDGE dedicated software.
- Applying to be a registered agent
- Steps to register for online access
- Steps to log in
- What documents can I lodge online?
- Request to lodge documents via email
- Making changes without being appointed to a company as their registered agent
- Annual statements
- Requirements for storing signed documents lodged online
- Help for registered agents
You can apply to become a registered agent by lodging a Form RA01 Notification to register change details of or cease as an agent (Form RA01). Once we have processed your application, you will be sent your ASIC registered agent number by email. This number allows you to:
- register for our online services
- be appointed as the registered agent for a company, and
- lodge changes on behalf of these companies.
Once you become a registered agent, you must register for online access.
To register for online access, follow these steps:
1. Agree to the Electronic Lodgement Protocol and select the type of account you want to create
Read and agree to the terms and conditions in ASIC's Electronic Lodgement Protocol.
Then select ASIC registered agent.
2. Enter your unique ASIC number
Provide your ASIC registered agent number.
Once all details have been entered, select 'Next'.
3. Select a username and password for your account
Select a username and password to be used to log in to your online account. We recommend selecting something easy to remember for your username.
Your password must :
- contain at least eight characters and a maximum of sixteen characters
- contain one lowercase letter (a-z), one uppercase letter (A-Z), and one number (0-9).
4. Select a security question and answer
Provide a security question and answer. If you forget your username or password, you can reset your details by answering your security question. Your security answer is case sensitive so make sure you select something that you can easily remember.
If you forget your username or password and can't answer your security question, you will need to create another online account.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
5. Verify your new username and password
A pop-up box will appear and ask you to verify your details. Enter your newly created username and password and select 'OK'.
6. Provide your contact details
Provide a contact email address and phone number. Once you've registered for online access, ASIC will send all correspondence (like your client's annual statement) to your online inbox. You will also receive notifications to your email address to let you know when there are messages in your online inbox.
Once you've entered all details, select 'Next'.
7. Complete declaration and submit application
Answer the declaration and select 'Submit' to complete your application.
You'll then see a screen confirming your request has been submitted.
8. Activating your online access account
To activate your account, you will need to print and sign the Participation Agreement and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. ASIC will contact you within two business days to confirm that your account has been activated.
9. Linking a company to your account (optional)
A company may authorise a registered agent to lodge documents and receive ASIC correspondence relating to the company on their behalf.
If a company has provided this authorisation, to link a company to your ASIC registered agent number and be the company's appointed registered agent, you'll need to lodge a Form 362 Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address.
When logging in to our online services, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Enter your registered agent number
You will need to enter your ASIC registered agent number before you can access your account.
2. Enter your account's username and password
A pop-up box will be displayed. Enter your username and password selected when you registered your account.
If you have forgotten your username or password, you can select 'Forgotten username' or 'Forgotten password' in the left hand column and reset your details.
Select 'OK' once you've entered your details.
3. View your account details
Once logged in, you will see your 'Inbox'. This will show any available messages regarding the companies to which you are appointed (if any). You can also start a new form, continue a saved form or view previously submitted forms (submitted forms are only available for 90 days).
If you're appointed as a company's registered agent, you can also view company information from your account. This includes a company's annual statement date, addresses and current officeholder details.
Need more help? See Support for registered agents.
You may experience issues when lodging the following forms online:
- Changes to company details - the Company's Corporate Key must be included on form
- Form 362 Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address - the Company's Corporate Key must be included on form
- Form 6010 Application for voluntary deregistration of a company
- Form 205A Notification of resolution to change company name
If you experience issues with these forms, you need to request to lodge documents by email.
For ASIC to accept your lodgement request, you must:
- be an ASIC registered agent, or
- be registered to use ASIC's Agent portal or EDGE software
To submit an email request for Changes to company details, a Form 362, Form 6010, or Form 205A
- Print a copy of the document you are attempting to lodge and complete the email lodgement request
- Send an email to email@example.com, including why you cannot lodge online and copies of any error screens or messages you received when attempting to lodge
We'll consider your request and where appropriate, send you a copy of the form. You will then need to return the completed form together with the email lodgement request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Ensure that:
- the declaration has been completed and your ASIC registered agent number is recorded within the email lodgement request
- if you're lodging a Change to company details or Form 362 Notification by a company to nominate or cease a registered agent or contact address, you must include the corporate key of the relevant company.
For more information email email@example.com.
As a registered agent, you can still lodge changes to company details and the Form 6010 online, even if you are not appointed as the company's registered agent. However, you'll need the company's corporate key.
To do so:
- Log in to your account, select start new form and enter the company's ACN (as you normally would)
- Enter the company's corporate key
- Complete and submit lodgement
If you have appointed someone to manage your company, we'll send your annual statement to them.
If not, and you have an online account with us, we'll email you when your annual statement is available.
If you haven't received a company's annual statement within 5 days after the review date, you should contact us.
This page explains ASIC's requirements for storing signed documents lodged electronically.
If you're having issues trying to sign up, log in, or submit forms using our online services, visit our support page. Here you'll find step-by-step user guides.